The Ts’elxwéyeqw (formerly known as Ch-ihl-kway-uhk) Tribe is involved in an extensive number of economic, business and cultural initiatives, all designed to advance the well-being of their community members. The management of the limited partnerships and corporate entities is by a Board of Directors, with the board consisting of seven Ts’elxwéyeqw Chiefs.
Ts’elxwéyeqw Tribe Management Limited
In 2011, Ts’elxwéyeqw Tribe Management Limited (TTML) was created to manage the Tribe’s traditional territory that was not assigned to a reservation and to pursue economic development opportunities on behalf of the tribe and its members. The Board of Directors is comprised of leaders from each Ts’elxwéyeqw Tribe community.
In addition to the stewardship of Ts’elxwéyeqw Tribe traditional territory, TTML engages in various business opportunities to benefit the Tribe as a whole. As of recently, TTML also engages in consulting services for neighboring First Nation’s communities. TTML provides sponsorship and outreach programs for the Tribe communities.
With Ts’elxwéyeqw Tribe’s success, it has brought recognition and relationships with the general public, local government, and provincial government agencies.
Initiatives we have been involved in:
- Referral Processes
- Project Management
- Economic Development
- Chilliwack Valley Stakeholders Committee
- Land-Use Planning Within the Traditional Territory
- Community Engagement
- Forestry Management
- Business Partnerships
- Local Government Partnerships
- Run-of-the-River Hydro Projects
Ts’elxwéyeqw Corporate Entities
Ts’elxwéyeqw Tribe Management Limited (TTML)
- Manages tribe activities through the entities listed below.
- Sponsors Tribe and Tribe-Related Events
- Engages in consulting services for neighboring communities, often through the STSA
- Works with and/or provides services to external companies such as SRRMC, PRRO, Probyn, etc.
Rights & Title
Ts’elxwéyeqw Tribe Limited Partnership (TTLP)
- Defends aboriginal rights & title within the Tribe’s traditional territory
- Manages projects on Tribe’s behalf
- Responsible for land use planning, Economic development, and Natural Resource stewardship
Ts’elxwéyeqw Forestry Limited Partnership (TFLP)
Ch-ihl-kway-uhk Forestry Limited Partnership (CFLP)
- Sustainably maintains Ts’elxwéyeqw Tribe’s Natural Resources
- Manages Forestry Activities both inside and outside of the Traditional Territory
- Manages Woodlot (W0084)
- CFLP Also includes Kwaw Kwaw Apilt and Skwah First Nation from the Pilalt Tribe
Ch-ihl-kway-uhk Tribe Society (CTS)
Centre Creek Management Limited (CCML)
- Holds and Manages Property
- Leases Properties
- Investigates options for other properties and Property Development
- Also Includes Kwaw Kwaw Apilt and Skwah First Nation from Pilalt Tribe